The Yeats Society has had a long standing tradition of supporting students in the study of Yeats. Each year the society provides a number of applicants with financial scholarships.
Opening date for applications
6th November 2023
(Closing date: 15th January 2024)
Covers full programme fees and accommodation.
Covers full programme fees (excl. accommodation).
Students who were not awarded full fee-paying scholarships may be offered a partial reduction on programme fees (excl. accommodation).
We welcome all applications and we look forward to hearing from you.
The Scholarship Committee will look at all applications and get back to you. The Committee’s decision will be final.
Full, Academic and Partial Scholarships
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a student or tutor at an educational institution at second or third level
- Have good English language skills (suggested B2 or higher as lecture content is often complex)
- Studies in English literature, poetry, Yeats studies, or Irish studies are recommended but not required.
Your application should specify:
1. A cover letter outlining the following:
- Your interest in WB Yeats
- Your motivation to attend the Summer School
- Details of your own work in relation to the study of Yeats
- If you have attended the Summer School on a previous occasion
2. A recommendation – preferably from your tutor, but alternative recommendations will be accepted
3. CV (optional)
4. An administration fee of €20 should be paid with your application*
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark your applications clearly in the subject box with ‘Scholarship 2024’
Closing date for applications is 15th January 2024 at 5pm
*The administration fee of €20 accompanying your application can be sent via PayPal using the PayPal button at the bottom of this page.
Email us to receive an alternative way of making payment: email@example.com
As detailed in the criteria, please submit a €20 administration fee in support of your application via PayPal here.
In the event of a successful application this administration fee will be deducted from any attendance fees. For alternative payment methods, queries or issues please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org