The Yeats Society has had a long standing tradition of supporting students in the study of Yeats.
Each year the society provides a number of applicants with financial scholarships. These include:
- Full scholarship:
covers full programme fees and accommodation
- Academic scholarships:
covers full programme fees (excl. accommodation)
- Partial scholarships:
students who were not awarded full fee-paying scholarships may be offered a partial reduction on programme fees (excl. accommodation)
- Yeats Family Scholarship
To mark the 60th birthday of this prestigious school, the Yeats Family is sponsoring a full scholarship (incl. accommodation) for an outstanding student. The winning student will be chosen by the Scholarship Committee.
We would like to thank them for this important support for the work of Yeats Society Sligo and Yeats International Summer School.
- Please look out for other promotional or collaborative scholarships sponsored by local and national organisations (eg. Poetry Ireland, the Hawkswell Theatre, IT Sligo, Irish Writers Centre). Available scholarships will be listed accordingly.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Need to be a student or tutor at an educational institution at second or third level.
- Must have good English language skills (suggested B2 or higher as lecture content is often complex)
- Studies in English literature, poetry, Yeats studies, or Irish studies are recommended but not required.
Your application should specify:
1. A cover letter outlining the following:
- Your interest in WB Yeats
- Your motivation to attend the 60th Summer School
- Details of your own work in relation to the study of Yeats
- If you have attended the Summer School on a previous occasion
2. A recommendation - preferably from your tutor, but alternative recommendations will be accepted
3. CV (optional)
4. An administration fee of €30 should be paid with your application
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark your applications clearly in the subject box with ‘Scholarship 2019’
Closing date for applications is Friday April 19th 2019 at 17:00.
Please use the button provided to pay your application fee.
For alternative payment methods, queries or issues please contact us at email@example.com
We welcome all applications and we look forward to hearing from you.
The Scholarship Committee will look at all applications and get back to you. The Committee’s decision will be final.
A special scholarship is being offered for the Yeats Summer School for a student in TY, 5th or 6th year or attending a third-level institution in Sligo.
Presented by the scholar Anne Margaret Daniel, it serves to honour the great service and volunteering spirit of Una Lappin who worked tirelessly over many years to support the School and its many visitors from around the globe.
The application requirements for a Sligo-based student are:
1. To tell us why they would like to attend the Summer School
2. To explain, in not more than 600 words, what WB Yeats means to them
3. To tell us, in not more than 600 words, the significance of volunteering in the local community
The successful student will be expected to write a 600 word piece or a poem about the experience at the Summer School.
Email to :
firstname.lastname@example.org - Please put UNA LAPPIN SUMMER SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP in the subject box.
Yeats Building, Hyde Bridge, Sligo. Please ensure you mark the application with UNA LAPPIN SUMMER SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP.
For more information on the scholarship process Contact the Yeats Society