Jun 13, 2018
Schedule for 13th June, Yeats Day 2018
Today's the day - Yeats Day!!
Check out Yeats Day for the full programme 13-17th June!
Today's, 13th June:
- The Annual Children's Poetry with Eily Kilgannon and the Anne Carton's Creche. Yeats Building, Sligo. Free
- Birthday Tea Party at 3:30pm in the Yeats Building. With Edwardian music, poetry and afternoon tea. 7euro.
- Poetry at Drumcliffe at 4pm. Yeats Society Poetry Circle reads Poetry at Yeats grave, W B Yeats Grave, Drumcliffe Church, Sligo.
- An Irish Airman Foresees His Death Exhibition Opening. 6pm. Over 100 Irish contemporary Irish artists respond to Yeats’ seminal meditation on the 100 years since the Great War.
(Runs until Armistice Day Nov 2018)
Hamilton Gallery: Free
- Yeats Day Vintage Variety Show at 8pm in the The Glasshouse. An evening of entertainment presented by IT Sligo Choir, The Fiddler of Dooney and Feehilys Florist Sligo. With performance from Sligo Youth Theatre, I.T Sligo Trad Soc, Dark Leaves Theatre Co., Sligo Drama Circle and more!!
Vintage dress optional (era 1865-1939).
5euro entry with 1920's finger food.
Don't forget Lily Lolly Craftfest is currently also running with craft and art events, workshops and talks 7th-17th June.
And upcoming this weekend, 15th & 16th June, Sligo Food Trail are hosting Sligo Tapas Food Trail in honour of Yeats Day. Wonderful tapas specials are available at:
Cafe Fleur, Le Fournil Sligo, Swagman Bar, Lily's and Lolly's Cafe, Hearts Desire, Lyons Café & Bakeshop, Sweet Beat Café, Belfry Bar, Eala Bhán Restaurant, Grappa Cafe Sligo, Glasshouse Cocktail Bar & Bistro, Hooked, and WB Yeats Cafe!!! Check out sligofoodtrail.ie for full details of times, services and dishes!!