The Hyde Bridge Gallery 2019 Exhibition Programme
Open Call 2019
Yeats Society Sligo is
delighted to invite proposals for The Hyde Bridge Gallery 2019 Exhibition Programme.
Exhibitions and related workshops and
talks are a dynamic part of The Yeats Society’s programme of events each season. Applications are invited from emerging
artists, curators, collectives and arts organisations, for solo or
groups shows,working in various media/disciplines. Any work by amateur /
emerging artists should have a developmental potential towards a professional
The Hyde Bridge Gallery runs the Visual Arts Programme with Yeats Society Sligo, a registered charity.
The key objectives of The Yeats Society Visual Arts Programme are:
- to partner with visual artists living in the region, as well as selected artists from around Ireland and international artists,
- to provide exhibition and audience engagement opportunities
- to provide our audience with access to contemporary visual arts
- to help develop a greater understanding of, and interest in, contemporary visual arts within the local and regional audience.
Funding constraints mean that the Gallery charges a fee for exhibitions.
The 2019 exhibition fee is €420 per show. There is a 10% commission due on sales from the exhibition.
Exhibition period is 4 weeks which includes time
for installation and take down.
The gallery staff is provided by Tús employees, under
contract to Sligo LEADER
Partnership, managed by the Yeats Society director.
Gallery committee members
are voluntary. We assist with install, curation and the opening event.).
How to Apply:
- Completed application form. Available at the Yeats Building or www.yeatssociety.com
- A concise outline of the proposed exhibition
- Artist CV / statement
- 10 images of recent / proposed work (hard copies).
Friday August 31st 2018. 5 pm
By post or hand (NOT email) addressed to:
Exhibitions 2019, The Gallery Committee, Hyde Bridge Gallery, Yeats Building, Sligo.
The Hyde Bridge Gallery, runs the Visual Arts Programme of Yeats Society Sligo, a not for profit company. Rental fees charged go towards the day to day running of the gallery. Programme planning, curation and assistance hanging are carried out pro bono by committee members. The invigilation and office administration of the gallery is provided by Tús employees under contract to Sligo LEADER Partnership.
The Hyde Bridge Gallery
Yeats Building Sligo
email@example.com Subject box 'Exhibitions 2019'
tel:+353 7191 42693